Friday 29 January 2016

Protein kick gellies & marshmallow

In a random act of kindness, my second youngest sister gave me Sarah Wilson's Simplicious.

It is a book of food. The eating. The making. The sustainability of doing it all.

It is me, on the next level or sixty. It has inspired me to be a week without eating out, nor having coffee out.

Turns out I lost a kilo. Amaaaazing. I wanted to feel like my digestion was clean. It did.

I was aided by the yumminess of the natural protein kick gellies.

Gelatin(e) is 88% pure protein. Sources vary widely, but food gelatine's density is about 1 g/mL.

So in my cup of fruit & coconut milk I have added about 32g protein. I erred on the side of caution and used a figure of 80% pure protein in the calculation.

In my case, this is purrrrfect to snack on after work or the gym.

If I haven't used a fat in the fruit mix, I'll eat the gel with 12 or so almonds or macadamias.

Blueberry and coconut milk:
gelled with Sarah Wilson's
pasture fed cows' gelatine (gelatin)
Tip.
Keep reading. Read widely.
Get involved in random acts of kindness.


You could try this marshmallow recipe with Sarah's gelatine, too.
Buy from SarahWilson.com






















No comments:

Post a Comment