Wednesday 21 December 2016

Boeuf Bourguignon

I didn't taste one drop, but the meal
sure tasted delicious.
Boeuf Bourguignon is its formal name, but just like Spaghetti Bolognese has special family recipes, this will have as well.



I made the batch pictured while in GĂ©rardmer, France and felt right at home.

This meal instantly takes me back to playing in the pile of sawdust in the shed while my father fixed mowers for other people.

Gigantic, orange flowered wall paper, even in the kitchen. 
Look at all that gelatin and animal fat. 
So delicious warmed 
and served with green beans and quinoa.

Playing down the river, walking past 'Haggy's' house to get there (as in 'The old hag' - she was probably only 33, but to us kids..... you get the idea).

And then sitting at the mosaic tiled kitchen bench with my brother and sisters and a steaming bowl of this in front of you.

 Tip:
Cook.




No comments:

Post a Comment